Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting There

My friend Tiffany Clark inspired this blog today. She is having a baby girl, Janie Ann, due on November 8th and she expressed on her blog how she gets a little nervous the closer to that day. For me, the closer the due date gets the more I freak out. Questions arise in my head like..can I handle this?...how am I going to deal with the exhaustion?...am I too selfish to care for a baby?...how am I going to get anything done?...am I patient enough?...how do I balance caring for her and a husband and dogs and my home and my friends and family all at the same time? We can't ever give her back, we can't put her in her kennel when she is in the way, or board her everytime we want to go to an Auburn game or other weekend trip.Then I think of what I have already sacrificed for her and how much I am already obsessed and in love with her and it calms me down. I know everything happens for a reason and Seth and I prayed about having a baby and extending our family but neither one of us thought He would work His magic so soon and we are so thrilled but this is life changing!!

3 comments:

Chris & Kristy said...

You will be just fine!! And I'm sure there will be plenty of people you can call on to babysit for you while yall go away on those weekend adventures. A baby does change your life and things do get harder, but you realize that this little baby that God has given you is way better than any social gathering or wild weekend. You will figure it out and you have tons of family and friends to help you get through it. I love you and can't wait to see you!!

Courtney Cloud said...

Jane,

I promise you will be amazed at how the Lord will work. He gives us the strength that we need to deal with the changes and transitions of life. I never thought that Bryant and I would be able to handle what we are dealing with but He has been faithful to guide us and to strengthen us in the exact way we need it. You are going to be a wonderful mother. Seth and you will be able to figure all of the small stuff and details out. I hope that you are able to enjoy this last phase of your pregnancy and enjoy all of the special moments.
Lots of Love from Auburn -
Courtney

Tiff and Seth said...

Ah... it keeps getting closer and closer! :) Next year you can bring Madeline to the Auburn games and we will have to get together for her and Janie Ann to play! I need your email address so that I can ask you TONS of questions!!! As for praying for your baby, Seth and I did the same thing- while I was super sad each month it didn't happen, I never expected to happen so quickly!! God does work His miracles when He is ready!!