Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally...Art!!

As much as we have been painting, gathering furniture, hanging drapes, etc. we do not have many accessories or wall hangings. I do not like to buy things in sets such as furniture. I like unique pieces and how they all come together. I also like immediate gratification but will wait until I find the perfect piece so the process takes a while. I am now at a point where I can start accessorizing the house. I can't do too much because...well it is expensive but an artist friend of mine, Amanda Hendrich came by this morning and brought over this painting. It is beautiful and we couldn't resist!! We are going to hang it above our antique chest of drawers in our bedroom for now but it could easily be transplanted to our formal dining room later!! Stay tuned for the "Birds on a Wire" painting she is doing for Madeline's nursery!!! Tootles!
Amanda will be opening her gallery in downtown Fairhope mid August. Here is a link to her blog.


By Amanda Hendrich

No comments: