Thursday, June 11, 2009

22 Weeks and Going Strong!!


Scary face but this is what I look like at 5 1/2 months!!


I am so relieved that our doctor's appointment went well today. I was very worried going in because last night I had the worse stomach pains ever. They were so sharp and piercing, I thought I wouldn't make it through the night. Scary thing is that I have the highest tolerance for pain and I just couldn't imagine what labor must be like after all that! Dr. Helen told me that it was a mixture of gas, Madeline moving and my ligaments and uterus stretching. She said that I have such a small frame that it will definitely hurt more for me than normal because I have so much more to stretch. I have only gained 7 pounds and when she measured my stomach she said it measured small but that I am okay. Madeline's heartbeat was between 139-144 when she checked it. She was moving and kicking while we were there. She also checked to see if I was dilating prematurely but I am not. Whew!!
Amanda and Cheryl, the seamstress came over to measure for the drapes, window seat cushion, and crib skirt after the doctor's appointment. The striped silk fabric is in and so she can get to sewing. Everything is coming together and it is a good thing because this baby will be here before we know it!! Take care and I will see you soon!! Tootles!

1 comment:

Maggie and Nathan said...

Jane -
My goodness, you are a gorgeous pregnant woman! : ) You look wonderful, and I hope you continue to feel great! Congratulations again to you and Seth; Madeline will be one lucky lady to have you as her parents!