Saturday, October 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home


To our family especially because you do not have Facebook or Myspace accounts, I thought this would be a good way to read up on what Seth and I are doing in our lives!! As you all know we moved 2.3 miles down the street from our first home into a new house in the Oakleigh Historic District with much more needed space. With Seth, Amos, Little Hefner and me, we were definitely growing out of our first one.."The Project" as we call it. We moved into our beautiful new home on July 25th or I should say we started the "move in " process on that date after living with our very kind and patient friends Amanda and Paul for six weeks. That was an experience...4 adults, 4 dogs and a devil of a cat that swatted at Hefner and me several times! At least Lola (the cat) made a bond with Seth!! We have just had to do minimal work which has consisted of ripping down wallpaper, painting, recovering Gran's furniture that was left to us and making a wish list of all the new furniture we would like to fill our home with one day. Today...I walked down the stairs and I stopped midway down and thought "this finally feels like home." It has is 9 days short of a year since we were married and SOOO much has happened for us during this year. Its been a roller coaster for sure, but we are happier than ever and we are ever thankful for the family and true friends that have stuck by us and supported us. Seth is starting his 3rd year at Case Construction and I just started back to school at The University of South Alabama to pursue a degree in Communications/Public Relations. Its hard getting back into it but I proudly have to tell you that my grades are better than ever...maybe since I am more focused on the academic aspect vs. the social aspect of school. We are enjoying Auburn games and getting to be with old friends as well as new and praying for a great rest of the season. We hope you have a great fall and I will be updating as often as I get the time!! We love you and WAR EAGLE!! Joyfully....Jane G. Dunne

No comments: