Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday Pops and Guardian Angels


It has been over 6 months since I have blogged and I really never email except for information purposes, but this is too amazing not to share. This conversation on http://www.etsy.com/ all started with Candy and Planning Madeline's birthday and lead me to having an awesome experience with a stranger (and now someone I consider a friend.) I hope this inspires you to "Pay it Forward".



Conversation:
Can you make Auburn and Navy blue lollipops?
9 September 2010 11:51am EDT
by Janeglvr

You mean auburn as in a reddish brown color? If so, then yes, I can make that. Most definitely the navy blue. :o) smiles and gigglesJayne
9 September 2010 12:27pm EDT
by AmysSweetDream

well more like pumkin orange and navy. And I didn't realize you make real lollipops (the round ones) I need them for my childs birthday party on Oct 9th!
9 September 2010 2:18pm EDT
by Janeglvr

Awwwwwwwwwwww. I can def do pumpkin orange and navy in any of the shapes you choose. :o) How old will your child be? smiles,Jayne
9 September 2010 2:50pm EDT
by AmysSweetDream

She will be 1!! Her first birthday and our first child. She is having an Auburn University Tailgating party since it is on gameday. I love the round ones best. If I get them a little smaller like 3 inches, would they be cheaper or do you have bulk pricing available? I am thinking I need anywhere from 25-30!
9 September 2010 4:36pm EDT
by Janeglvr
Oh, wow!!! I'm sitting here, trying so hard not to cry. Well, hell. Since I've started typing, I am crying. I just had this feeling when you first wrote to me that this had something to do with Auburn University; it was just a strong sense I couldn't explain. I don't know quite how to say this and I really, really do not wish to cause you sadness over your daughter's birthday. If you could just think of this as a way to help me smile. Would you allow me to make this order and send to you at no charge? I will explain if you'll just promise to pay it forward and to keep making her birthdays as special as this one is going to be. I don't think I've ever heard of such a cute and awesome idea for a party. Oh....... an promise not to think bad of me because I'm an Alabama fan.Can't wait to hear back from you,Jayne
9 September 2010 6:32pm EDT
by AmysSweetDream

I just got chills. I would like to pay you something. That is alot of work! Did something happen? Of course I want to make you smile! : ) I will make everyone of her birthdays special. I love event planning and I am over the moon for her!!!
10 September 2010 1:13pm EDT
by Janeglvr

Last year, the day before Thanksgiving, my two girls, Amy then 21 ( the daughter this shoppe is named after ), and Christina, then 19 were headed to Alabama from here in Virginia. They were going to spend a few days with family and Amy was going to get things set up to begin attending Auburn University. They were going to their very first Auburn vs. Alabama game too. Both are huge Alabama fans, but Amy chose Auburn as the best place to get her degree in Wild Life Management. Both girls football fanatics. They got in a horrible wreck just outside of Roanoke, Virginia. The road had a bad part on the edge and the tire went off, she over corrected. Christina was bruised up a bit, but Amy sustained massive brain injuries and passed away on December 2, 2009. She love children, life, hunting ( serious hunter ), fishing, football, family and just living life as if there were no tomorrow. I would so love to do this for your daughter's birthday. Every young child in our family was so spoiled by Amy on their birthdays. It would make me so happy to know she's somehow still doing that. I am over the moon for my kids too and just because I can't see her, doesn't mean that she can't go on through little ways like this. I hear her, dream about her and can feel her spirit. So, she's not really gone. I think she's the one that made me have that feeling this had something to do with Auburn. :o) She was so excited about getting ready to apply and move. Smiles and Giggles and hoping you will allow me to gift this to you and your family, especially your little girl :o)Jayne
10 September 2010 2:32pm EDT
by AmysSweetDream

I am boo hooing. I cannot imagine what you and your family have and are going through. I think you must be an amazing person and such a wonderful mother. My little brother,Robert,just graduated from Auburn a few years ago in Wild Life Sciences/Management(Same age difference between Amy and Christina as the two of us.) There were 2 girls in his graduating field and I thought that would be such a neat job and very cool girls to choose that as their major. I would be so happy and touched for you to make my Madeline your lollipops. I will never forget this day, your experience, and your kindness. I have trully been touched by your conversations with me. I know you are so proud of your daughters and I know that Amy is smiling down on this whole thing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Jane Dunne And I PROMISE to Pay it Forward!!! I am just so touched, I cannot express my emotions.
10 September 2010 3:31pm EDT
by Janeglvr
You have made my night. Thank you so much for letting Amy and me do this for Madeline. She is beyond adorable. :o) It's awesome to know that your brother is in the same field Amy was working towards. She'd finished the two years here for basic classes and was so very excited. She should have been a boy, but was the most girly girl. Except when it came to hunting and fishing. LOL I think she had a hand in this and I can hear her now, looking at Madeline. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Look at you, cutie." :o)I will send you a message when it's closer and get your address so they are as fresh as possible.SmilingJayne
10 September 2010 5:43pm EDT
by AmysSweetDream


This is real. This is how my day started today. I am overwhelmed with emotions. I may not sleep tonight. I feel like I need to hug this Mother's neck. She will never know the effect this has had on me. I have a friend that has forwarded our Etsy conversation onto a Big Wig in Auburn in hopes to have this published. There are lots of similarities my family and I share with hers and I hope I can have the opprotunity and more to help someone the way she has helped me today. Peace and Love and Tootles!!!

(Her shop is AmysSweetDreams on Etsy btw :)






No comments: